The progress of GSOC2011

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
Tue Jul 5 17:33:45 UTC 2011

For the scheduling issue, the idle task does not yield and does not
check for higher priority tasks to run: the OS must do so when it
makes a higher priority task runnable. So the partition OS needs to
somehow know to interrupt idle if the other, higher priority tasks are
once again runnable.

I'm not sure what is happening with the hypervisor, but I suspect that
the transition P1->P2 will save P1idle as the context of P1, and the
transition from P4->P1 will restore the context of P1 -- the idle task
-- and P1 is unaware of any changes. Perhaps P1 is missing some
interrupt to tell it that some task should be made runnable?

-Gedare