RTEMS downloadable image size

Wed Jul 6 13:25:01 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 12:01 AM, Steve Battazzo wrote:
> Sorry, I said Motorola SREC format but it could be Intel HEX as well,
> but the same reasoning applies either way...

Depending on how the conversion is done, you can often specify the
number of bytes to put per line to the utility doing the conversion.
This can significantly reduce the size of the hex file.

But ~128K is pretty good for a BSP that no one has ever cared
about the size of executables on.  And it is a more complicated
BSP because it can deal with hardware variations.  It even has
boot command line processing in it.

--joel