Coding style: C++ style comments

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Jul 10 15:20:34 UTC 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 11:00 , Eric Valette wrote:

> which doesnt say much as // style comments, ala C++, are now available
> in C99.

I didn't realize that.  I think it should be OK for new code then.

What I would like to see prohibited in header files is anything that isn't common between C and C++ in header files, e.g., C99 designated initializers, unless the header is fully functional for C++ due to appropriate #ifdef __cplusplus sections.  Those are a headache for C++.

Peter