Example Application Compiling

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:33:33 UTC 2011

Hi,
I think it is better if you follow the getting started guide:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.10.0/share/rtems/html/started/started00024.html

The build should go something like this (assuming you are working on
/home/ahbi/):

cd rtems
export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.11/bin:$PATH
./bootstrap

cd ..
mkdir rtems_build
mkdir rtems_install
cd rtems_build
../rtems/configure --target=i386-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=pc586 \
--enable-tests=samples --disable-posix --disable-itron \
--prefix=`/home/abhi/rtems_install`
make
make install

If all goes well rtems will be installed in /home/abhi/rtems_install.
Now to build the examples:

export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/home/abhi/rtems_install/i386-rtems4.11/pc586
cd /home/abhi/
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS -z 9 co -P examples-v2
cd examples-v2
make

You can run the created executables on QEMU, Virtual Box, or in your PC:

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/QEMU
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_on_Virtualbox

Regarding the other questions:

- Yes. sparc-gdb includes a ERC32 simulator.
- /opt/rtems-4.11 contains your toolchain: i386-rtems4.11-gcc, etc

Cláudio Silva