ACM and IEEE Advanced Member Ranks

Mon Jul 18 16:53:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been thinking of this for a while, so...

ACM and IEEE are the primary professional
organizations that I think we should be
members of.

+ ACM has senior member and distinguished
   member grades.
+ IEEE has senior memory.
+ Both have fellow members.

Assuming you are a "professional" (not student)
member and have the proper experience, the
hard part of these is the recommendations.
These recommendations do not have any special
requirements except for ACM distinguished
member, where it is recommended that 2 be
from Fellows.

And now for the questions:

+ Are there any IEEE or ACM Fellows on the list?
+ Is there interest in helping each other out
in achieving these member grades?

Eventually I would like to see some IEEE and ACM
Fellows from the RTEMS Community.  This is
hopefully laying the groundwork for that. :)