issue gethostbyname in rtems

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 20 08:25:42 UTC 2011

On 20/06/11 1:19 AM, Xiangfu Liu wrote:

> BTW: is the /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf will help? I saw the wiki pages says having those file
> is better, not sure if it will help is our case. we don't have such files in our file system.

I do not know if the files will help. These these files are used by the
stack as well as /etc/host.conf [1]. The ability to use the stack
without these files are due to RTEMS specific patches. These where
needed because the file system was not stable enough to allow easy
access to files. What effect the RTEMS specific changes can be checked
by using the files. A future stack port will not support the RTEMS
patches and require the files be set up.

Chris

[1] http://www.nsc.ru/cgi-bin/www/unix_help/unix-man?host.conf+5