ANN: rtems-4.10-gcc upgraded to 4.4.6

kfeng feng at bnl.gov
Tue Jun 21 14:56:51 UTC 2011

On 04/22/2011 12:00 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The subject says all:
>
> The rtems-4.10-gcc packages have been upgraded to FSF gcc-4.4.6.
>
> This upgrade is supposed to be a minor "bug-fix only" upgrade, which
> should not cause any major troubles to users.

The pre-built RPM tools, which includes gcc-4.4.6 works very well. I
have tested it successfully
with the mvme5500 BSP. I would be so happy if I could just use it
forever. However, here is a
Ubuntu PC, which requires on to build the tools.  I am not sure if all
the *.diff listed
at  ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.10/ have to be applied.  The 4.10 CVS head at
rtems/contrib/crossrpms/patches lists only a few, but it even includes a
patch
from gcc-4.4.5.  I got all sorts of different errors in building the
tools by playing guessing games.
I did successfully build the tools for gcc-4.4.5 , but I understand that
there are known bugs.
Could you verify the required patches for building ,gcc4.4.6 please ?

Regards,
Kate Feng