ANN: Support for CentOS 6 (temporarily?) suspended

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Jun 30 13:40:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

The rtems packages on ftp.rtems.org labeled "CentOS6", so far have been
built with RHEL6 beta packages, presuming centos.org would release
CentOS 6 not too much after RHEL6.

Meanwhile, almost 8 months have passed by, but CentOS 6 still is not
out[1]. However the RHEL-beta is showing its age, diverges increasingly
from RHEL6 and becomes increasingly difficult to use and to access.

Therefore, I have decided to (temporarily?) suspend support of the RTEMS
toolchains for CentOS6.

In practice this means, these repositories will not receive any further
rtems-toolchain updates before CentOS 6 will be released or a suitable
substitute for CentOS 6 has been found.

FWIW: The CentOS calendar[2] currently tells CentOS 6 was scheduled
for Jul 4  ... we'll see if this date will slip again ;)

Ralf

[1] http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29147
[2] http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/calendar