Support for CentOS 6 (temporarily?) suspended

Steven Grunza grunza at ulticom.com
Thu Jun 30 13:57:13 UTC 2011

Just as a note for your information:

	There is a Linux distribution called Scientific Linux
(http://www.scientificlinux.org) that seems to be similar to CentOS in
that they are following Red Hat.  SL currently has 6.0 out and I'm
running 6.1beta since I have a customer for whom Red Hat 6 is the
ultimate target and I needed test machines without the cost of
entitlements for Red Hat (and fixes in 6.1 are necessary for the
project).

	You (and the people guiding RTEMS) would need to decide if the
goals of the Scientific Linux project align well enough with RTEMS to
consider specifically supporting it.  The reason I'm sending you this
message is to inform you of the existence of a possible substitute for
CentOS 6.  I haven't used Scientific Linux enough to make a specific
recommendation either way.

Steven Grunza