NULL call to _Workspace_Free() via _Objects_Extend_information at startup

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Mar 1 00:25:17 UTC 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 7:16 , Chris Johns wrote:

> It will be ignored just like 'free'. We will just use the 'in heap call'
> to do this. Treating NULL as a special case has meant the bugs where
> hidden and if a non-NULL bad pointer is passed in no protection to the
> user is provided.

If the change is in _Heap_Free() you'll want to formally redefine it to ignore NULL.  It currently isn't defined that way:

Frees the allocated memory area starting at addr in the heap heap.
Inappropriate values for addr may corrupt the heap.
Returns true in case of success, and false otherwise.

Peter