Embedded Scripting

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Mar 7 07:30:49 UTC 2011

On 5/03/11 3:31 AM, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:

> Python is a bit messy as it requires dynamic loading of code.

Typically this is what Python does. On the RTEMS port a user creates a
single C file that references the required modules and they get linked
in. No code loading was needed.

You cannot use Python's build system. It is broken from cross-compiling.
Once built I found Python embedded well. Its libraries allowed me to
create powerful applications.

> At the
> Milkymist project we successfully ran small Lua and Ruby interpreters
> without much trouble.

Nice. The more choice the better for RTEMS users.

Chris