CPP setting in make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg has -Wp,$$?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Mar 7 19:30:00 UTC 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 1:25 , Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Which BSP in the tree is generating this?
This is independent of BSP, it's in make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg.  The CPP define has "-WP,$$" in it.

> Can you send me your Makefile?

The RTEMS Makefiles work by themselves.  I was trying to use the RTEMS Make snippets inside my own make system, in particular, I was trying to use autoconf with RTEMS.

I usually don't use the RTEMS make stuff for my own applications, but that involves updating things for each BSP.  In updating to 4.11 I wanted to see how far I could get using what came with RTEMS.

> The network-demos and examples use these Makefile
> fragments.  I build these for every BSP at least once
> a week.
>
> The Makefile fragments do predate autoconf/make and it
> would be nice to switch to that for applications built
> after installation.  But it hasn't happened.
>
> --joel

I use autoconf for RTEMS, I just don't use the RTEMS makefiles.  I'll feel free to compatibly change them for my own needs and submit changes in a bug report.

Peter