New Fedora 14 VM Images with RTEMS Development Environment

Sebastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Thu Mar 10 13:25:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I though this licensing issue was resolved.

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 18:46 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> The reply from Red Hat legal on the licensing is at:
>
>   http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2010-October/001401.html

So, anything using newlib cannot be accepted into Fedora due to
licensing issues?

> Someone from LatticeMico32 or their support dealers in Bengaluru,
> India contacted me regarding the toolchain, but, he didn't understand
> anything about Fedora, free/open source to understand about the
> licensing problem.

As far as I can tell, the only Lattice code that goes into the RTEMS
toolchains is the LM32 GCC patch, which is GPL and part of the official
GCC releases now. So this should not be a problem. Or are there some
nontrivial (i.e. copyrightable) newlib modifications made by Lattice
too?

Regards,
Sébastien