New Fedora 14 VM Images with RTEMS Development Environment

Thu Mar 10 15:04:10 UTC 2011

On 03/10/2011 07:25 AM, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply! I though this licensing issue was resolved.
>
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 18:46 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>> The reply from Red Hat legal on the licensing is at:
>>
>>    http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2010-October/001401.html
> So, anything using newlib cannot be accepted into Fedora due to
> licensing issues?

That's funny... cygwin-1.7.8-1.fc14.noarch.rpm is available
which has newlib in it.
>> Someone from LatticeMico32 or their support dealers in Bengaluru,
>> India contacted me regarding the toolchain, but, he didn't understand
>> anything about Fedora, free/open source to understand about the
>> licensing problem.
> As far as I can tell, the only Lattice code that goes into the RTEMS
> toolchains is the LM32 GCC patch, which is GPL and part of the official
> GCC releases now. So this should not be a problem. Or are there some
> nontrivial (i.e. copyrightable) newlib modifications made by Lattice
> too?
No.  The only lm32 specific file in newlib is setjmp.S which has
this:

/*
  * setjmp/longjmp for LatticeMico32.
  * Contributed by Jon Beniston <jon at beniston.com>
  *
  * are met:
  * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
  * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
  *
  * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
  * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
  * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE
  * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
  * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL
  * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
  * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
  * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT
  * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
ANY WAY
  * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
  * SUCH DAMAGE.
  */