RTEMS ISR question - management of the ET PSR-bit on ERC32

Matthew McBraida Matthew.McBraida at scisys.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 17:03:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a question about interrupt handling with RTEMS/ERC32:

I understand from TSC691E Users manual issue I, sections 3.7.17 / 3.8.5
/ 3.8.5.4 that: a trap causes the processor to clear ET; a synchronous
trap when ET=0 results in an error condition that forces a reset; and
that RETT automatically sets ET back to 1.

Am I right to believe that the RTEMS generic ISR "_ISR_Handler()" sets
ET to 1 just before calling the user-trap-handler, and then clears it
again just after it returns?

I guess that the end result of all this is that normally for most of the
processing time of a trap handler, a synch trap occurring will not
result in a processor error...

(I refer to the TSC691E Users manual instead of the TSC695F manual due
to the far greater detail given in the former).

Cheers,

Matt

SciSys UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.

Before printing, please think about the environment.