Resurrecting MVME167

Wed Mar 23 17:12:30 UTC 2011

Well we just saw ticker run on it.  Some default
settings for the BSP are a bit surprising.  I would
like to hear from the community before changing
them.

+ Default console is NOT the MBug port.  It is
the second serial port.  Does this make sense for
a default?
+ Ditto for printk port.
+ printk support is disabled by default.
+ Load address is 0x800000.  Isn't this a bit
high in memory?  Usually I recall only seeing
addresses like 0x10000 or 0x20000 to skip
MBug RAM usage.
+ Defaults to getting settings from NVRAM
and ignoring configure overrides.  Since our
NVRAM was trashed, this didn't help matters.

Any comments on the above?  These just don't
seem consistent with the other BSPs.

--joel