rtems application tutorial

Luc ANTOLINOS luciogistr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:13:20 UTC 2011

On 7 March 2011 09:03, Domenico Di Leo <domenico.dileo at unina.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> can you point me out any tutorial on how to write and execute an application
> from the scratch for RTEMS.
> I already checked the  Application C user guide, it is a good reference, but
> it doesn't
> help me to understand how to compile the application (what compiler should I
> use?  is there any specific rule for the Makefile?)

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/4.10.0/examples-v2-4.10.0.tar.bz2

You will find a simple hello world and a simple Makefile. Not a
tutorial but enough to understand all you need.
But before to launch executables, you have to determine on which kind
of target you want to run, etc. Compilers and BSP are target
specifics.

--
Luc