CPP setting in make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg has -Wp,$$?

Mon Mar 7 20:35:17 UTC 2011

On 03/07/2011 01:30 PM, Peter Dufault wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2011, at 1:25 , Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Which BSP in the tree is generating this?
> This is independent of BSP, it's in make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg.  The CPP define has "-WP,$$" in it.
So you were using  CPP?  I don't see how it could have been tripped
otherwise.  This line has been the same since 4.6.
>> Can you send me your Makefile?
> The RTEMS Makefiles work by themselves.  I was trying to use the RTEMS Make snippets inside my own make system, in particular, I was trying to use autoconf with RTEMS.
>
> I usually don't use the RTEMS make stuff for my own applications, but that involves updating things for each BSP.  In updating to 4.11 I wanted to see how far I could get using what came with RTEMS.

For many things, I only use them to extract information
and then supply that to another build system.  But that
technique isn't needed as much anymore because Ralf added
pkgconfig support.

One issue is what to do to the ELF before downloading.
The conversion from elf/exe -> Ralf probably should be
in a shell script somehow.