Which flavor of Linux for RTEMS S/W developemnt ( was Re: MVME5500 Tester Needed for 4.10)

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Wed Mar 16 15:01:58 UTC 2011

On 03/16/2011 03:55 PM, Kate Feng wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On 03/16/2011 09:10 AM, Kate Feng wrote:
>>
>> RHEL4 is very old now. I am sorry you are stuck with it. :(
> I actually has to give up on RHEL and choose between
> Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenSUSE 11.0.
> Which flavor of Linux would be better for the latest version
> of RTEMS for software development ? Any advice would be
> highly appreciated.

debian 6.0+. It is the only one to be only truly open source and
graphical install is now obvious.

Ubuntu/debian are similar also you can usually install package from one
on the other (or at least easilly recompile it).

-- eric