Which flavor of Linux for RTEMS S/W developemnt ( was Re: MVME5500 Tester Needed for 4.10)

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Wed Mar 16 15:51:58 UTC 2011

On 03/16/2011 04:38 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/16/2011 03:55 PM, Kate Feng wrote:
>> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> On 03/16/2011 09:10 AM, Kate Feng wrote:
>>>
>>> RHEL4 is very old now. I am sorry you are stuck with it. :(
>> I actually has to give up on RHEL and choose between
>> Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenSUSE 11.0.
> This is a choice between "cancer or pest" - Neither can be recommended.
>
> openSUSE 11.0 has been discontinued in July 2010 and is dead.
>
> Ubuntu 10.4 is not supported by us and would definitely not be my choice.

You should considere distribution useage rather than your taste... Which
would exclude centOS and also syaing that neglecting Ubuntu
is a rather curious choice.

http://distrowatch.com/index.php?dataspan=13

gives the following ranking among distribution per page view for the
last 6 month

1 	Ubuntu 	2150>
2 	Mint 	1697>
3 	Fedora 	1478=