cleaner & greener (was Re: A patch for RTEMS4.10.0 PowerPC heap space initialization)

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu May 12 13:33:55 UTC 2011

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> If the above is addressed, then I fail to see why this call in
> RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize() isn't sufficient to let the BSP's
> sbrk() work:
What I only proposed was to get the bug fixed.
I was not aware that you planned for some type of memory protection
in the near future. I guess that you meant to implement sbrk() for
other BPSs which are not in the PowerPC family.  Is this correct ?
If so, I agree that it is worthy to add arguments in a couple of functions.
Is there any draft for the implementations of  the sbrk() on
non-PPC BSPs ?

Cheers,
Kate