SMP Patches

Marta Rybczynska marta.rybczynska at kalray.eu
Tue May 24 15:17:42 UTC 2011

Hello all,
We're doing SMPization of RTEMS for use with a platform not yet merged
with RTEMS upstream. We've decided contribute the effort so the same
work is not done twice and started recently to submit patches.

The current list is:
1803 _Thread_Is_executing and _Thread_Is_heir
1806 SMP: affinity step #1
1808 PerCore SMP Scheduler
1809 SMP : Lock/Unlock critical Section

Internally, we have a (mostly) working SMP configuration, with
applications using RTEMS or POSIX API.

The next set of patches will include:
* Extensions to the message passing/handling interface
* Big_Kernel_Lock used in _Lock_Critical_Section/_Unlock_Critical_Section
* impure_ptr/struct reent handling in newlib/RTEMS
* Timer handling
* Affinity: IDLE threads
* Affinity: RTEMS API
* Affinity: POSIX API
* Numerous locking fixes/updates/changes

We have also some not-really-SMP-related fixes. In general, you can
expect a flood of PRs from the kalray.eu domain. Discussion, of course,
welcome.

Regards,
Marta Rybczynska