RTEMS 4.10.1 Release

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Tue May 24 15:39:23 UTC 2011

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would have liked to cut 4.10.1 by now but
> it isn't going to happen before I leave
> for Munich.
>
> In particular, the following PRs need some
> feedback from PowerPC VMEBus users:
>
> + http://www.rtems.org/PR1778 - mvme5500 BSP: VME uses shared ISR
> + http://www.rtems.org/PR1786 - MVME5500 update
I spent some time reading the RTEMS vmeUniverse.c and its related code
in the past few days.  I will come up with a better patch for PR1778, which
can be applied to PR1786 as well in terms of the VME interface.  I am
not sure
about the usage of VMEUNIVERSE_IRQ_MGR_FLAG_PW_WORKAROUND
flag. It seems that a better implementation for the MVME5500 board would
be to
make sure each of users' VME device drivers issues an interrupt status READ
after its IRQ is cleared within the Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) to
flush the
Universe posted write FIFO, before its corresponding interrupt
is enabled again.

I will document this with an example in the updated patch as well,
hopefully by June 7.

Cheers,
Kate