Ada support in current RTEMS versions ?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed May 25 11:37:51 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 01:14 PM, Simon Clubley wrote:
> I noticed in another message Joel posted (about ARM multilib not
> building on head) that his configure flags included dsabling Ada
> support.
>
> Is this due to Ada's long standing problems with multilib support or
> does Ada in general have problems in current RTEMS versions ?
It's a bit of both with an emphasize on the former: Ada has long
standing problems with multilibs and probably hardly anybody but Joel is
actively supporting it.

The premiere issue with Ada however is still building the toolchain.

> (I'm probably going to write a new BSP in a month or two and as I am
> currently using RTEMS 4.9.2, I am thinking about moving forward to a
> more recent RTEMS version at the same time.)
Independently of Ada (The Ada issues basically are the same with both
versions), I'd recommend to use at least RTEMS-4.10 (or even CVS-HEAD)
for new developments, because the rtems-4.9.x series is "in deep freeze".

Ralf