Target Device

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:08:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

You can boot from the same hard drive, no need for another (only if
you want hard drive access?).
If you have GRUB installed in your PC, you just need to add one line
to the grub configuration:

set root=(hd1,1)
multiboot (hd1,1)/path_to_your_exe/test.exe

As explained in http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/QEMU

Some grub versions also support this (i think... i haven't used grub
for booting rtems in a while...):
kernel=(hd1,1)/path_to_your_exe/test.exe

If you don't have grub installed you can use the grub.img:
http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/qemu/i386-pc/rtems-boot.img
Instructions for this are also on the QEMU wiki page.

There is also the possiblity to use etherboot. You just need to adapt
the instructions for Virtual Box
(http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_on_Virtualbox) to your PC.

For developing purposes i highly recommend using a simulator like QEMU.

Regards,

Cláudio Silva
MSc in Aerospace Engineering
Instituto Superior Técnico