Create one pen drive to boot an example program hello.exe

Mon May 9 18:33:02 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 11:43 AM, BRUNO FELIPE wrote:
> Dear,
> I used suggestions from Joel and Till. but without any result
> favorable to my goal. The problem that I found and still have is that
> I can not display the output of any program on your computer's
> startup, using the pen drive. I can see the menu options and choose
> the programs, but can not show the result of the programs.
>
> In the GNU GRUB menu, I have two programs:
> *************************************
> hello pc386
> minimum pc386
> *************************************
> By choosing the option "hello pc386" I have the following output:
>
> Initializing console on COM1 port 9600-8N-1
> Warning: This Will Be the last message on console
>

> How do I show the output of the hello program, after selecting the menu?
>
> Thank you for all.
>
> Best regards,
> Bruno
>

> 2011/5/6 BRUNO FELIPE <brunogpf at gmail.com <mailto:brunogpf at gmail.com>>
>
>     Dear,
>
>     I'm currently working with Fedora 14 - 11 RTEMS on VirtualBox. I
>     need to create one pen drive to boot an example program (hello.exe).
>
>     I describe following the steps that I make. First, I use qemu to
>     emulate de process, along with "RTEMS-boot.img"and the file
>     "RTEMS-grub.cfg" modified for the program hello.exe. Finally, I
>     try to execute the program hello.exe in the qemu but  in the
>     console output not appear anything (I make the compilation with
>     pc386 script).
>
>     How can create a .exe file that redirects the stdout to console?
>     Or simple compile the herlo world example with this feature?

It is doing it.  You just didn't invoke qemu correctly.

>     Do you have any sugestion, to this problem ?

usr/bin/qemu -M pc -m 64 -cpu core2duo  -boot a -fda
/home/joel/qemu/pc386_fda -hda fat:/home/joel/qemu/hd --no-reboot
-serial stdio

The important option there is "-serial stdio"

Qemu has a lot of options.  There is plenty of information on
qemu in its manual, the RTEMS Wiki and the RTEMS mailing
list archives.