Question regarding driver

Ziaulhaque Qazi ziaulhaque.qazi at sesame.org.jo
Wed Nov 2 13:46:06 UTC 2011

Hi everybody

This is my first e-mail to the RTEMS and I am a beginner who has begun working on RTEMS for a few days. So my question can be a stupid one and I hope that the seniors won't mind that. At the same time I am new to EPICS and VME as well.

I am looking to use RTEMS with VME systems where it is desired to use MVME2304 boards and Hytec boards as I/O modules.

I need to know about the need of drivers for  I/O modules in RTEMS. Is there any need of having/installing drivers? And if yes, is there any support available in the form of developed drivers for Hytec IP 8002 and ADC 8042 cards?

With Best Regards

Zia-ul-Haque Qazi
Control Engineer
Synchrotron-light for Experimental Sciences and Applications in the Middle East (SESAME)
P. O. Box 7, Allan 19252, Jordan
Phone: +962-5-3511348    Ext: 239
Cell:      +962-79-5295527
Fax:       +962-5-3511423