MVME162 BSP Issues

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Nov 3 22:45:30 UTC 2011

On 4/11/11 3:35 AM, Hoover, Victor P CTR NAVAIR, AIR 4.1.3.3 wrote:

> Stack size:
> I've increased the stack sizes and still have the same problems.  Besides,
> stack issues wouldn't explain the following:
>
>     printf("test output\n");    // works fine
>     printf("test output");      // locks the processor
>
> printk:
> I tried using printk to display a newline terminated text string.  No output
> Appeared on the console port but the system didn't hang.

Are you linking with the correct libc ? If you have the LC part you do
not have an FPU. If your linker command or tools are not correct the
default 68020 library links and that requires a FPU. This always trips
in the printf function first.

A simple check is:

  m68k-rtems4.11-objdump -d myapp | grep fmovemx

Chris