RTEMS CVS to git conversion.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Nov 4 23:50:38 UTC 2011

Hello,

The RTEMS CVS to git conversion is progressing and available for
testing. The repository is:

  http://git.rtems.org/

To clone RTEMS you can use:

  git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git

After cloning you can see the remote branches with:

  git branch -r

For the 4.10 branch do:

  git checkout origin/rtems-4-10-branch

The current repo's are from March so are missing the updates committed
to CVS since then. This means HEAD will not build due to tool changes.
There are a couple of minor conversion issues that will addressedwhen we
upload a new converted repo. I will post a message when this happens. It
should not be too far away.

The conversion plan is in the wiki:

  http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/CVStoGit

If you have commit rights and wish to have access please send me a
private email with your public ssh key and I will enable write access.

We need to start collecting some git documentation. If you know git and
would like to help please let me know. If you are new to RTEMS this
could be a good task to help become actively involved.

In the future we will be getting new hardware to host git and the main
web site and we are looking to see if we can be hosted at OSUOSL.

Chris