MVME162 BSP Status - Fixed

Hoover, Victor P CTR NAVAIR, AIR 4.1.3.3 victor.hoover.ctr at navy.mil
Sat Nov 5 20:01:08 UTC 2011

It looks like I've got the 162 BSP fully working now.
Code changes needed were:

console/console.c
- One line fix to char_ready() function
- I also added a quick and dirty printk() that works through /dev/console
  once it's initialized (now that I've fixed some other stuff I can go
  back and modify this to also work before the console is set up).

startup/bspstart.c
startup/bspclean.c
- Both of these had incorrect assumptions about the location of the 162Bug
  vectors.

make/custom/mvme162.cfg
- Had to add -msoft-float to CPU_CFLAGS (varies by board model)
- Changed RTEMS_CPU_MODEL from 68040 to 68lc040 (varies by board model)

I've test with the following programs from testsuites/samples and all ran
successfully.
- base_sp
- capture
- fileio
- hello
- loopback
- ticker
- unlimited (created 513 tasks)

The paranoia example ran successfully up until it displayed the "END OF PARANOIA TEST"
message.  After that it caused an F-Line exception.

Now I need to get network support added to the BSP and I'll be ready to go.

	- Vic Hoover