RTEMS developers list (rtems-devel)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Nov 9 14:26:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 12:13 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>
>> Currently we can post to the rtems-vc list and discussions happen. This
>> fragments the discussion. What if I set set the reply-to field to a
>> patches
>> review list (when we have one) and block posting to the rtems-vc. The
>> purpose
>> is to cut down the number of places discussion takes place and users need
>> monitor.
>
> This is a good proposal.  I would use the following lists
>
>  o rtems-users,
>  o rtems-devel (also for patches, reply-to from rtems-vc),
>  o rtems-vc, and
>  o rtems-bugs.

I like this set of lists especially with making rtems-vc and
rtems-bugs as "no-reply" (read-only) lists. I would say to make both
vc and bugs have reply-to go to the rtems-devel. (Ideally no one
replies to rtems-bugs posts, but there might be some value in moving a
bug conversation into a mailing list discussion.)

-Gedare