Queue deletion hangs

Gabriel Raineri graineri at invap.com.ar
Thu Nov 10 13:11:17 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!

I'm having an issue while deleting a queue: the call to
rtems_message_queue_delete hangs.
I have been debugging RTEMS code and I found that it gets stuck at
_Thread_Enable_dispatch() in msgqdelete.c

More details:
- RTEMS Version: 4.99
- The task that deletes the queue is not the one that created it.
- There is a task blocked waiting for the queue which has a higher
priority than the task deleting the queue.
- I have also tried disabling interrupts before the deletion in order to
avoid context switching with no luck (still hangs).
- There are no pending messages on the queue.
- All nodes are LOCAL.

You might be wondering why in the world I'm trying to delete a queue.
Well, to make a long story short, the idea behind this is to inject
errors into our application to see if it is reacting as expected.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Gabriel