RTEMS developers list (rtems-devel)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Nov 8 23:13:30 UTC 2011

On 8/11/11 7:30 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 09:02 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think that a rtems-devel list is useful since the rtems-users
>> has quite a low volume. We can rename the rtems-cvs list into
>> rtems-patches and encourage users to send patches to this list.
> Am I correct in assuming you are referring to the rtems-vc list?
>
> I am not sure, but I agree, utilizing it as an
> rtems-patches/contribution list is worth thinking about.

I do not think it is a good idea to have review patches and committed
patches arriving on the same list. It could be confusing. I see the
rtems-vc list as a record of commits made that can be searched by a
search engine. It is a catch all.

Currently we can post to the rtems-vc list and discussions happen. This
fragments the discussion. What if I set set the reply-to field to a
patches review list (when we have one) and block posting to the
rtems-vc. The purpose is to cut down the number of places discussion
takes place and users need to monitor.

Chris