RTEMS developers list (rtems-devel)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Nov 10 00:01:23 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 1:26 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Sebastian Huber
> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>  wrote:
>> On 11/09/2011 12:13 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>>
>>> Currently we can post to the rtems-vc list and discussions happen. This
>>> fragments the discussion. What if I set set the reply-to field to a
>>> patches
>>> review list (when we have one) and block posting to the rtems-vc. The
>>> purpose
>>> is to cut down the number of places discussion takes place and users need
>>> monitor.
>>
>> This is a good proposal.  I would use the following lists
>>
>>   o rtems-users,
>>   o rtems-devel (also for patches, reply-to from rtems-vc),
>>   o rtems-vc, and
>>   o rtems-bugs.
>>
> I like this set of lists especially with making rtems-vc and
> rtems-bugs as "no-reply" (read-only) lists. I would say to make both
> vc and bugs have reply-to go to the rtems-devel. (Ideally no one
> replies to rtems-bugs posts, but there might be some value in moving a
> bug conversation into a mailing list discussion.)

Yes this is a good idea. I have taken a look at mailman and I can set
the reply-to header to point to rtems-devel by default for both lists. I
can also block posts to the list with a nice message stating the list is
closed to posting and rtems-devel should be used.

I will look to have this set up by the weekend.

Chris