CVS to Git News

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Nov 16 02:00:00 UTC 2011

On 15/11/11 1:39 PM, Xiangfu Liu wrote:

> Question:
> for now. the new commit still go to CVS first. then go to GIT right?
> when you advice us switch to GIT at all?

We are in phase 2 of the plan. Phase 3 will move us to git and cvs will
be turned off. There will be no cvs and git phase. The current users
with commit access will be given access to git via ssh and able to push
changes once I have been given their keys.

The rtems-devel list will be available before this time and the rtems-vc
and rtems-bugs list will be made "read only" with all replies heading
the rtems-devel list.

The rtems-devel list is open to all and we will welcome patches. Git can
help create these. There is an effort to provide some documentation
about this happening now.

Chris