Task Creation Issue

Gabriel Raineri graineri at invap.com.ar
Thu Oct 6 15:02:52 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!

I'm having an issue when creating tasks. The thing is that I'm receiving
RTEMS_UNSATISFIED (not enough memory for stack/FP context) after having
created a bunch of them.

Let's dig into the details...

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS             25
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES        21
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES    14
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PARTITIONS        6
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS            0
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_BARRIERS          1

* Tasks are being created after all other RTEMS objects (Semaphores,
Queues, etc.).
* After creating the task #22 and when attempting to create task #23 I
get the aforementioned error code.
* All tasks are created with a stack size of RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE bytes.

The weird thing is that if I define CONFIGURE_EXTRA_TASK_STACKS to be
RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE * 5 (20480 bytes) the tasks are created without
any problem.

I think I shouldn't need to define CONFIGURE_EXTRA_TASK_STACKS. Am I right?

Am I missing something?

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers,
Gabriel