C++ exception in ISR

Kirspel, Kevin kevin.kirspel at optimedical.com
Tue Oct 25 17:36:00 UTC 2011

I came across a little issue that I thought was interesting.  I have a RTEMS timer that fires and pushes a value on a c++ vector.  After a number of pushes, a c++ exception is generated (I assume an exception is generated because GCC tries to lock one of its mutexes using gxx_wrappers.c).  The exception never gets processed because GCC is trying to lock a mutex within an ISR.  Of course RTEMS doesn't like this and a fatal error is generated.  Should RTEMS be able to handle a C++ exception within an ISR?

Kevin Kirspel
Senior Research Engineer
Opti Medical
235 Hembree Park Drive