Link time optimization (LTO) and RTEMS

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Oct 25 15:24:26 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 05:03 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has someone used the new LTO feature of GCC 4.6 on RTEMS?
Used, no - trying to build GCC with it enabled, yes.

... tons of issues, tons of bugs, tons of breakdowns ...

... way too premature to be considered for use, IMHO.

I would not want to exclude it might be worth trying when 4.7 will be
about to be released, but for now I've decided my life is too short, for
me to be want investing time on it in GCC < 4.7.

Sorry, it this may sound hard to some ears - however, sometimes it's
inevitable to pronounce something unpleasant, even if people will not
want to hear it.

Ralf