Different behaviour of RTEMS in QEMU/i386 and SPARC

Mon Oct 31 11:57:42 UTC 2011

I don't remember this discussion either.

The intent of including paranoia was to have something that exercised the fpu. If it reports issues, they may indicate an unhandled exception, fpu issue (hw, sw emulation or simulator) or a deficiency with paranoia.

In this case, you could attach gdb and see what's happening but since it doesn't happen on real hardware, it is explained as a deficiency on real hardware.

--joel