Réf : Re: RTEMS Workspace Initialization

leonard.bise at syderal.ch leonard.bise at syderal.ch
Wed Sep 7 07:57:26 UTC 2011

Thanks for the answer,

I forgot to mention that we are using an ancient version of RTEMS (4.6), I
can't seem to find any bsp_get_work_area function, is it named differently
in this old release?

Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>
Envoyé par : rtems-users-bounces at rtems.org
07.09.2011 08:55

rtems-users at rtems.org
cc

Objet

On 09/07/2011 08:17 AM, leonard.bise at syderal.ch wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been wondering how the initialization of the RTEMS workspace works?
What
> kind of memory range does it initialize, is there any way to parameter
it to
> not initialize everything?
> I tried checking the wiki but didn't find much info about this
mechanism.

Please have a look at the boot_card() function and bsp_get_work_area().

> Basically I have a boot software that performs stuff and then launches
an RTEMS
> application and I'd like to retain some data written by the boot in the
same
> RAM RTEMS uses.

You probably have to manage this in the linker command file or the program
loader.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6