WatchDog

Thu Sep 15 14:20:31 UTC 2011

On 09/15/2011 06:18 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 11:25 AM, Eduardo Esteban wrote:
>> Anybody can send me an example of a watchdog? I do not understand how it works.
>> Thanks in advance.
> Usually the dog barks and the thief runs away.

Feeling feisty this evening Sebastian? :D

There are no watchdogs in the RTEMS public API.

There are two types of watchdogs you see in
RTEMS systems:

+ hardware watchdogs - typically reset hardware
if you don't pet them periodically.

+ software watchdogs - internal RTEMS object
used to build public services.  You should
never use these directly.

What are you trying to do?