Timings in RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Sep 22 12:25:10 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 07:18 AM, Oleg Moroz wrote:
> Sorry. I mean some document that contains times what RTEMS needed to
> execute some actions like a context switching, interrupt service or
> something else.

All the timing information that is available can be reproduced
by anyone by running the "tmtests" and "psxtmtests" on the
desired hardware target.

We used to include that in a manual but the burden of
keeping it up to date was too much.  To be sure it was
always right, it had to be regenerated for every target
of interest on every minor release.  Even the times
files in a lot of the BSPs are based upon not current
versions.  They are probably accurate enough but....

If you are can't run the tests on some board comparable
to what you are interested in, then ask on the list.  I
am sure someone will be happy to share.

--joel