$(PROJECT_RELEASE)/../lib/librtemscpu.a or $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/librtemscpu.a

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Apr 5 08:11:37 UTC 2012

On 04/05/2012 02:33 AM, Hill, Jeffrey O wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, on the git latest RTEMS I notice that the net demos application does not build unless I make the attached change. Being an RTEMS nebie, I am guessing that perhaps this isn't the correct way to fix the net demo build?
>
> I also have a related question; I initially jumped to a conclusion that the librtemscpu is dependent only on the CPU, but not in any way on the BSP.
By definition, it is supposed to be independent of the BSP.

> However, I notice that many source files in c/src/lib/cpu are including "bsp.h"?
librtemscpu.a is supposed to be build only from files below cpukit/ and
must not to use files from elsewhere.

In other words, librtemscpu.a is supposed to be an entirely
BSP-independent library, which is being built only from files below cpukit/.

> So now I am somewhat confused; are these source files including "bsp.h" because they are accessed in c/src/lib/cpu during the build of the bsp library (and presumably become part of a bsp library)?
Somewhat oversimplified, yes, this applies.

Ralf