Anyone with RTEMS experience can co-mentor

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Apr 12 15:53:48 UTC 2012

Hello,

The RTEMS Project once again is participating in the Google Summer of
Code. This year we have many wonderful proposals and students (see
[1]), and the number of students we will be able to accept is limited
primarily by the number of mentors available.

Please consider signing up to mentor or co-mentor a project. User
input keeps RTEMS moving forward in positive directions, and community
involvement is one of the easiest ways to "give back." Co-mentoring is
a great way to help ease the burden: many hands make light work.

If any of the projects [1] interest you then I encourage you to
explore the idea of mentoring or co-mentoring and consider signing up
at http://www.google-melange.com

This year to become a mentor you need to create a mentor profile AND
request to be a mentor with RTEMS (two separate steps). If you already
signed up but do not see RTEMS on your "dashboard" then please apply
to be a mentor with RTEMS or ask Joel, Chris, or me for some
assistance.

Sincerely,
Gedare Bloom

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMSSummerOfCode#Students_Proposals