No subject

AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI akmedhavi at rrcat.gov.in
Thu Apr 19 03:06:29 UTC 2012

Hi

I have ported RTEMS-4.10.2 on M68k processor based MVME162 CPU Board using
MinGW on Windows XP.

I have developed Anaglog / Digtial IO Boards Drivers and Prototype
application for testing ADC/DAC device drivers.  In this protypte
application I have used printf, scanf and getchar.

On running my application,  scanf getchar are not working. I have enabled
following drivers in my application :

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_FILESYSTEM_DEVFS
#define CONFIGURE_USE_DEVFS_AS_BASE_FILESYSTEM
#define CONFIGURE_EXTRA_TASK_STACKS         (3 * RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE)

and included following

#include <bsp.h>
#include <rtems/bspIo.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <rtems.h>
#include <rtems/error.h>
#include <rtems/bspIo.h>
#include <rtems/libio.h>

#define CONFIGURE_INIT
#include <rtems/confdefs.h>

Then I tried to run following sample applications provided by RTEMS :

1. Testsuites\libtests\termios
2. Testsuites\smaples\fileio

I found the same problem :  scanf, fgets not working while printf is working.

Then I made a following new test application and tried to test it  :
#include <bsp.h> /* for device driver prototypes */

#include <rtems/bspIo.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <rtems.h>
#include <rtems/error.h>
#include <rtems/bspIo.h>
#include <rtems/libio.h>

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_FILESYSTEM_DEVFS
#define CONFIGURE_USE_DEVFS_AS_BASE_FILESYSTEM

#define CONFIGURE_EXTRA_TASK_STACKS         (3 * RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE)
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS            	1
#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE

#define CONFIGURE_INIT
#include <rtems/confdefs.h>

rtems_task Init(  rtems_task_argument ignored )
{
  int			ch, ch1, chno;
  char 			buf[5], val[3];
  int 			nbChar;
  printf( "WELCOME TO ACCELERATOR CONTROLS .... RTEMS KERNEL ON
MVME162-522A \n" );
  memset(buf, 0, sizeof(buf));
  printf("enter a string\n");
  nbChar = read(0, buf, sizeof(buf));
  printf("string read = %s\n", buf);

  printf("Press any key to continue 111");  fflush(stdout);
  ch=getchark();
  while(!isalpha(ch))
    ch=getchark();
  printf("ch : %d",ch);	 fflush(stdout);

   printf("\nEnter Channel Number [ 1 TO 32 ] :");	 fflush(stdout);
  scanf("%s",val);
  chno=(int)strtol((const char *)val,(char**)NULL,10);
  printf("\nWrite Relay chan no :%d",chno);  fflush(stdout);

  printf("Press any key to continue 222"); fflush(stdout);
  ch1=getchar();
  printf("ch : %d",ch1);

  printf("Please enter your choice(1,2,3,4 or 5) -> "); fflush(stdout);
  scanf("%d",&ch1);
  printf("choice : %d",ch1);		fflush(stdout);

  exit( 0 );
}

TEST  RESULT  :
none of  scanf,  getchar, getchark  and read working and application hangs.

May someone execute the above program with clock enabled to check
if it also fail on their plateform?

I am not able to figure out why scanf, gethar  etc are not working. Here I
 have several queries and doubts :

1. Is there any problem /bug with Keyboard driver or console driver

2. Is  “scanf / getchar /gets / read”  etc has restricted inclusions
   controlled by some #define or makefile or configure file.

3. Any chance of problem with Initial task stack size.

4. I have USB based keyboard, not PS2 keyboard. However I have tested it
with PS2 keyboard also with same result.

Any tips / suggestions

Can someone help me out?

One more thing, how to enable  “prinf/puts”  for debugging in any part of
code/device driver, before starting of Init task.

Best Regards

AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER
RAJA RAMMANNA CENTRE FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLGY
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY, GOV. OF INDIA,
PO : CAT, INDORE-452013, INDIA
PH. 91-731-2488052
Email : akmedhavi at rrcat.gov.in , akmedhavi at rediffmail.com