PRE-ANN: mingw32 toolchain packages to be discontinued

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Aug 1 04:06:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

A headsup to all mingw32 toolchain package users.

The packages below ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw32/
will be discontined at a yet undetermined point in time within the next
couple of months [1].

They are supposed to be replaced by the packages below
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw64/*/i686 (32bit windows)
or
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw64/*/x86_64 (64bit windows)

As I am not using Windows for RTEMS and do not have access to 64bit
windows, and because nobody has reported any testing results for these
toolchains, I'd strongly encourage all Windows users to switch to the
mingw64 toolchains ASAP.

Ralf

[1] These packages had been built with Fedora < 17 i686-pc-mingw32
toolchains. With Fedora 17, Fedora has abandoned supporting this target
and replaced them with {x86_64,i686}-w64-mingw32 toolchains.

At the very moment, Fedora 16 will be discontinued (Early December
2012), it will be impossible for me to continue supporting
i686-pc-mingw32. To reduce personal work-load, I intend to switch earlier.