Fours Days Until RTEMS Reaches Mars

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Thu Aug 2 13:37:05 UTC 2012

Someone from JPL should comment on this.  There may be more
than one subsystem running RTEMS on Curiosity.

My understanding is that there is at least an updated version of the Electra radio
currently circling Mars.  This is an older presentation which includes Electra:

http://static.usenix.org/event/lisa06/tech/slides/byrne.pdf

The following URL is a presentation "Technology Overview and
Operations Conceptfor SCAN Testbed" from June 2011 which describes
how Electra and other radios were tested. It includes a lot of detailed
information:

http://spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa.gov/SpaceOps/CoNNeCT/documents/Ops%20Con%20for%20SCAN%20Testbed_SBIR.pptx

FWIW the Space and Rocket Center here in Huntsville is having an all night
party with the landing being the highlight on the IMAX.

I would love to hear some more information from our JPL community members. :)

--joel