Fours Days Until RTEMS Reaches Mars

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Aug 3 23:46:07 UTC 2012

On 3/08/12 12:48 AM, Cláudio Silva wrote:
> ESA qualified version is based on 4.8 but somewhat modified: only
> sparc bsps (ERC32, Leon2, Leon3), no newlib, only a subset of RTEMS'
> managers, no posix, no network, no drivers outside the bsp, no dead
> code, ...

I wonder if RTEMS can be structured so this configuration can be support
on the trunk. This would allow a path forward for RTEMS and ESA. RTEMS
cannot do this alone and needs the support of ESA. We could attempt to
do this on our own and get close or complete miss meeting the
requirements. With ESA involved I am sure it could happen.

Chris