ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Fri Aug 24 13:30:31 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 08:06 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 02:46 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> It is Chris' tool. If you are on a host you have worked actively not to support or you want to build the tools easily on a non-RPM host matching your versions, diffs, and commands, then it is the only option.
> OK, this tool some times, somewhat works, but in general it often
> doesn't work. On a wider scope, I think its design lacks from its basis.
>
> (Was it ever tested on Ubuntu - Does it take Ubuntu's weird notions on
> multilibs in account?)
You will have to ask Chris.

>> You only work to support a fragment of the community.
> Correct, I have been actively sharing my works on platforms/OSes which I
> am technically able to support and I consider support-worthy.
>
>> Don't be a hindrance to those who didn't choose from your list of preferred host OSes.
> Listen, Dr. Sherrill, while you are in a position to permantently
> undermine my works (The works which had kept RTEMS alive throughout the
> last decade) you are not in a position to push me around!
Thanks Ralf. I appreciate your opinion but I haven't sat on my ass
the past ten years.

While I appreciate your contributions, I don't appreciate the way you
talk rudely and condescend to community members. You do not work
openly.  You have been asked repeatedly to announce tool RPM revisions
with explanations and you still don't.

Honestly, if you have a problem with me or the community, you might
be in the wrong community.