ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Aug 24 15:29:40 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 05:12 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 02:20 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> On 08/24/2012 02:07 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>>   > What was the configure command spec builder used?
>>>
>>> Is this Chris's tool?
>>>
>>> I do not recommend using it.
>>
>> ok. then. What do you recommend me to use?
>> I want to compile toolchain myself. Mainline version at first.
>>
> Ah, I misunderstood you in a previous email. I suggest looking at the
> approaches taken at [1] if you are sticking with Ubuntu. Probably
> Ubuntu gets the most attention from people who want to build tools
> from source.
The problem with Ubuntu is Ubuntu not having a sane build environment
and their build tools being very unportable to other OSes and other
Linux variants.

> FWIW I know there are folks out there who build on
> FreeBSD, Mac, Windows, Gentoo... The trickiest issues are getting the
> right support tools
That's part of the art of packaging - Building is just one tiny detail
of it ;)

>   and finding the right patches (if necessary) for
> binutils, gcc, and newlib. I think these are all stashed in a separate
> repository (rtems-crossrpms) right now.
The nominal place to pick them up is in
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.x

Ralf